I have seen lots of shiny awards on blogs out there. I know some are more prestigious than others, but if even a tiny, little award gives a bit more air time to a blog, especially a new one, then that must be a good thing.
I haven’t been going long and am still working out how to build up a following (thank you to all those lovely people who have decided to follow me 😊 ), but in the space of just over a week I have been nominated for 2 awards! Eek!
I will take a leaf out of the book of one of my nominators (and a blogger I aspire to be like, and who I hadn’t realised had been going only a little longer than me) and put both into the one post. I have got bad (or is that good?) at procrastinating again, so if I don’t do them both now, heaven knows how long it will take me to do them both. So Megan at The Momhood, I am following your example 😊
My first nomination was from Carol over at Writeful Mind, a fellow Blogging U student and creator of a great little forum on Facebook for Blogging U students, called Cafe Blog (some wonderfully supportive people on there, Carol, so thank you!). The nomination was for the Blogger Recognition Award, my first ever nomination.
My 2nd award nomination was for One Lovely Blog, and came from Megan at the aforementioned blog The Momhood.
A huge thank you Carol and Megan. It means a lot to me that you thought of me.
Anyway, here are the rules and requirements of the 2 awards.
Blogger Recognition Award
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
One Lovely Blog Award
7 Facts About Me and why I started this blog
- I started this blog as a place to record all the making I attempt, hoping to get myself organised. This is a post explaining it further.
- I am a singer. I trained to be a singer through college and university, and carried on afterwards. I don’t sing as much as I would like anymore, mainly because being a Mama and holding down a job tends to leave you with very little time. But my dream job would be to sing with The Sixteen.
- I love music by Ludovico Einaudi, especially I Giorni and Divenire. I met Einaudi at The Barbican a few years ago, and have a photo of me with him, and I have his autograph on some music and a CD.
- I won a cake competition when I was a teenager. OK, it was a Guides one, but I still had to beat a lot of other entries. I made a fruit cake, then covered it with white fondant, put a rim round the top (marked into tiles), filled the middle with blue glace icing and made lots of little fondant bears. Considering this was the late 1980s, and there were not as many things around to help with cake decorating, I think I did a pretty good job. Why on earth I didn’t keep it up, I don’t know. I don’t think there is any photographic evidence either…
- I hate hemming. I tried making a dress and some skirts when I was a teenager, and could never get the hemming right. Mum did them for me. This is probably why I do not make clothes now!
- My favourites authors are Terry Pratchett, Bernard Cornwell, Phillip Pullman, and Garth Nix, although my favourite book ever is Jane Eyre. I also collect Chalet School books by Elinor Brent-Dyer (and even wrote some fan fiction based on them), and would love a complete set of 1st editions. My guilty pleasure for books are Tricia Ashley’s books set in rural England.
- Hubby and I went on our first date for a giggle. We were friends. It seemed like a good idea. Look where that got us! And now for the sloppy bit… For our first date, he took me to see the 2nd Matrix film because I wanted to see it. This was despite the fact he had already seen it and didn’t like it! He didn’t tell me til after. Awwww!
- And a bonus one – I love Star Trek (especially the corniness and stereotyping of the original series), The West Wing, Only Connect (a quiz show on BBC2) and The Great British Bakeoff. An ideal evening’s viewing would be at least one episode of each!
What do you think?
And here are some lovely blogs I would like to nominate for the Blogger Recognition Award:
Prolific Project Starter, because she reminds me of me and my ability to not always finish things
Lucie the Happy Quilter, because she is always cheerful and her longarm quilting is amazing
KS Writer & Teacher, because of some wonderfully thought-provoking posts
The Demented Fairy, because she makes some fantastic steam punk clothes
The Caked Crusader, because of all the tempting yumminess!
All Day Kindergarten, another blogger who makes me think
The Crafty Lady in Combat Boots, because she has such an awesome blog title, and posts some great pictures
LJones Edition, for all the great reads
Sewn Up, for some great patchwork tutorials
Very Berry Handmade, for some wonderful inspiration
Please take a look at these lovely blogs. You won’t regret it! 😊